Online Indian grocery stores
Online grocery stores are becoming increasingly popular for a number of reasons. For instance, COVID-19 has required people to change the way they live and shop. However, even without a global pandemic, online grocery stores were bound to become more mainstream as more people turn to technology to do simple, everyday things that save them time and make the process more efficient.
That being said, if you eat very specific foods that can be difficult to find in traditional, in-person grocery stores, imagine how difficult it is to find that food through online stores. Luckily for you, there is an online Indian grocery store that offers all sorts of foods you might be looking for, from halal meats to yummy spices.
What are online grocery stores?
The name “online grocery store” is pretty self-explanatory. It’s an online website or platform where people can order groceries virtually, without having to leave the comfort of their own homes. Online grocery stores are relatively new, having grown in popularity due to COVID-19. According to Coresight Research, in this past year, online grocery sales have grown about 40%, with nearly 50% of shoppers buying groceries online due to the global pandemic.
Benefits of shopping at online grocery stores
There are so many benefits that come with online grocery stores. Here are some of the main advantages of online grocery shopping:
- Convenient. Shopping online is very convenient, since you can simply order the food that you want and have it delivered to your home. In addition, you won’t waste time, wandering up and down the aisles, while you search aimlessly for that one ingredient you can never seem to easily find.
- No time constraint. The majority of grocery stores are not open 24/7, meaning that you have to choose specific times that work for you and the store in order to shop. You are probably quite busy, meaning that it can be difficult to find the time to grocery shop. However, if you order your groceries online, you can do that whenever you want, whether it’s 2:00 in the morning or 2:00 in the afternoon. You can even choose a delivery time that will be convenient for you and your schedule.
- Time-saver. If you are looking for a particular type of food, for instance, authentic Indian food, you can easily find it online without having to travel to multiple grocery stores.
- Avoid making multiple trips. You have probably all experienced the dreaded feeling of coming home from the grocery store. Your car is packed full of groceries and you have to unload all of the bags and boxes from your car all the way to your kitchen. This step can take up time and energy. In addition, it can be physically difficult if the bags are heavy. Fortunately, with online grocery orders, your groceries will be delivered straight to your front door, making it easy and convenient for you to bring the groceries inside.
- Avoid the lines. Most people dislike waiting in lines. So, if you want to skip the check-out lines, you can do that through online grocery shopping.
As mentioned earlier, it can be difficult to shop for specific and authentic Indian foods at in-person grocery stores. You might find yourself going to multiple grocery stores to try to find the specific ingredients that you are looking for. You might be okay with driving around all over the place for the first couple times; however, it will definitely get old and irritating fairly quickly. On the other hand, maybe you don’t even live near an Indian grocery store, making it even more of a hassle to get the groceries that you are looking for. Fortunately, for you, if you can’t easily access an Indian grocery store or if you are simply looking for the most convenient option, we are an online Asian grocery store that has a variety of grocery options to choose from.
Indian grocery essentials
If you are new to this type of cuisine, it can be intimidating or difficult to know what ingredients you should buy. Here is a list of foods that you should definitely put on your next Indian grocery list:
- Grains: Basmati Rice, Cracked Wheat, Brown Basmati Rice, Flattened Rice (Poha), Puffed Rice (Kirmura), Chickpea Flour, Millet Flour, Rava (Cream of Wheat or Soojji), Whole Wheat Durum Flour.
- Legumes: Tuvar Dalar Toor Dal, Chana Dal, Moong Dal, Urad Dal, Masoor Dal, Chckpeas, Garbanzo Beans, Moth or Matki Beans, Black-Eyed Peas, Whole Masoor.
- Fresh and Frozen Items: Curry Leaves, Mint Leaves, Shredded Coconut, Green Chillies, Coriander Leaves
- Spices: Red Chili Powder, Coriander Seeds, Turmeric Powder, Paprika Powder, Black Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, White Poppy Seeds, Onion Seeds, Carom Seeds, Saffron, White Sesame Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Cardamom Pods, Cloves, Nutmeg, Cinnamon Bark, Mace, Whole Black Peppercorns, Asafoetida, Whole Dry Red Chillies, Bay Leaves.
- Peanuts: Vaal Dal (Field Beans)
- Oils: Unflavored Oils like Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil or Peanut Oil, Sesame Oil, Mustard Oil, Coconut Oil
- Miscellaneous: Jaggery, Tamarind, Coconut Milk, Pistachios, Alphonso Mango Pulp, Cashews, Golden Raisins, Poppadums
Indian groceries online
You might be wondering who we are at Mirchi Masalay or what we even have to offer on our online ordering store. Well, to help answer any questions you might have, here is a brief overview of who we are and how we work:
- We are the largest online Asian grocery store. We offer so many different types of food, from fresh produce, spices, and certified halal meat.
- Our goal is to encourage people to create yummy and authentic Asian recipes, using the wide variety of unique and interesting ingredients that we have to offer.
- Even though we are based in Chicago, we are a completely online business. That being said, we can ship grocery orders all over the United States.
If you are looking to try out a new method of shopping or new types of food, look no further. Start building your first order with us today!