This fragrant, melt in mouth Kheema (or keema) recipe is something you can make in a jiffy and it always turns out to be a winner. So next time you want to win hearts by your culinary skills, make this dum ka keema and see your fan-following rise.
- 1 lb Lamb/Mutton/Chicken/Beef mince
- 2 tbs Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 Cup brown onion
- 1/2 Cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbs Garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbs Roasted crushed cumin
- 2 tbs Almond powder
- 2 tbs Red chilli powder
- 2 tbs Gram flour
- 2.5 oz Olive oil
- 3.5 oz Charcoal
- Aluminium foil
Steps to make it,
- Add Mutton/Lamb/Chicken/Beef mince in a bowl
- Add below items in the bowl, and mix it well
- Ginger garlic paste
- Brown onion
- Garam masala
- Roasted crushed cumin
- Almond powder
- Red chilli powder
- Gram flour
- Marinate for 2 hours
- Add oil to a heavy bottomed pan and begin to cook the meat mixture
- Cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes, mixture will release great amount of liquid
- Keep cooking until liquid separates
- Heat a piece of coal on your stove top (you can do this on a ceramic top as well, just takes longer) till it gets seriously ashy.
- Place a piece of foil in your pot of keema.
- Place the coal on the foil, souse with a little oil, smoke will start to billow
- Shut the lid immediately. Leave till the smoke dissipates
It's ready to be served!